2011 Navigator rear end low this morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jryan15

Reaction score
Ya, that's the impression that I had. After hem hawing around, decided to take a chance and dump some money into this gen3 system first. Got a new air compressor heading my way now.

OP
OP
J

jryan15

Reaction score
Compressor came in yesterday morning. Got it installed and all appears to be good now. Took forever to re-inflate actually put a tape measure on the wheel well to verify it was moving :).

Install wasn't too bad. Took out the right headlight and the bottom 3 screws on the wheel well. This gave access to the 3 big bolts holding the compressor mounting bracket. Took them out and pulled the compressor and bracket together. Installed new pump in the garage and put the assembly back in.

A couple comments on the replacement pump that I bought. The unit did not ship with the yellow air filter so I think the new pump will be susceptible to water/moisture ingress. I filed a 1 star review on amazon.

A couple comments on the symptoms before it failed....

At first I thought, "man the pump is running way more than it used to..." In retrospect, I think that the pump just became much more noisy and noticeable. It is possible that it lost some efficiency and had to run longer than before. I don't think the system was losing air since the rear end never appeared to sink over night. When the pump died the controller vented the system and lowered the rear end though.

Thanks for the help on this forum. If I have any continued problems, I'll post back. :cheers:

Last edited:

PkgingGuy

Reaction score
Hello. My 2011 Expy rear air suspension just went down over the course of me walking into Kroger and back out about an hour or so later.
Some video's i've seen do troubleshooting of relay's and such. What kind of troubleshooting did you do before you went for the pump?