2011 Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denethor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The wipers will do that if you have rain sensing wipers, just turn them off auto and they won't wipe once on start (at least that's how my daughter's fusion of the same year works).

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
bank 2 :
option 3 is run time led on= 10 off=15
option 6 is horn led off = no horn
option 7 is my key led off = still runs with door opened
never got answer to option 8

BRoggen5

Reaction score
I just installed the remote start kit in the 2014 Expedition Max Limited and when i push the start button, it goes through the door lock and pre-start sequence but then the horn starts honking and doesn't stop until I press the unlock button on the key fob. Tried unhooking the PATS module and got the same thing, so do I have a bad PATs interface module?

Also only have 4 beeps on bank 2 for service settings.

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think if the horn keeps honking it thinks there is a door open ie interior light on, rear glass or hood open. I don't think it starts though. I have a 2010 so ????

BRoggen5

Reaction score
So I did some more and found the second bank for the settings and got 8 options. Now when I try to start the vehicle with the the remote start FOB, if the door is unlocked, the doors lock, the ignition turns on but the vehicle does not start and the horn chirps once. I have to unlock the doors and press the brake pedal to reset. If the doors are locked when I try to start it, the horn goes off like it is triggering the alarm and i just hit the unlock button on the key. I think it has something to do with the security system and it is locking out the starter.

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did this years ago so bear with me. ALL doors, hood, hatch, & glass must be closed and interior lights off. If you held the secret button to long it erases all setting and you have to go through and reset all the bank 1 & 2 settings

BRoggen5

Reaction score
OK, I got it. I never programmed the remote start FOB to the vehicle. Once I did that it all works and changed the settings so it won't shut off when I open the door or insert a key.

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
great, let me know if you find any info on what bank 2 option 8 does.

ajcredle

Reaction score
Couldn't find a Navigator thread on this. It's the same system right? 2012 Navigator L 4x4. I can't find my button either.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I bought a used 2014 Ford Expedition Limited it has all the bells and whistles but no remote start. I am wondering why it wasn't installed at factory. I went to Ford place and it will cost around 1000.00 dollars to have one put in. That is way to much. I read somewhere that some may have it but not activated. I am wondering if I have it on mine. What do you guys think?