2011 Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a used 2014 Ford Expedition Limited it has all the bells and whistles but no remote start. I am wondering why it wasn't installed at factory. I went to Ford place and it will cost around 1000.00 dollars to have one put in. That is way to much. I read somewhere that some may have it but not activated. I am wondering if I have it on mine. What do you guys think?

I too have a 2014 Limited loaded with everything. No remote start though. BTW $1000 is absolutely insane. When I had the dealer install one in my '09 limited it was about $400. For what it's worth the dealer just subbed it out to a remote start installer. Looking on the Ford accessories website it is quoting me $668 installed, which is also insane. You can get a new Viper remote start put in for about $400 near me.

John650

Reaction score
Anybody know where the remote start programming button & LED light is on a 2012 Navigator? I have looked under the dash on both sides and can not locate it.

Thanks
John

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody know where the remote start programming button & LED light is on a 2012 Navigator? I have looked under the dash on both sides and can not locate it.

Thanks
John

I've seen them anywhere from under the steering column to up behind the pedal adjustment button. On my '11 Expedition Limited it's the latter. It's reachable from under the dash, but it was much easier to access by simply removing that side panel.

Untitled-1.jpg
upload images

Last edited:

Dannyboy11222

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is the brain to the OEM remote start, also if your truck didn't come with remote start, you won't have the pats button, the pats button is located on the OEM remote start harness... Hope this info helps

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

John650

Reaction score
I've seen them anywhere from under the steering column to up behind the pedal adjustment button. On my '11 Expedition Limited it's the latter. It's reachable from under the dash, but it was much easier to access by simply removing that side panel.

That is the brain to the OEM remote start, also if your truck didn't come with remote start, you won't have the pats button, the pats button is located on the OEM remote start harness... Hope this info helps

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replys. I do have the remote start installed. Trying to program another fob and get the truck to stop turning off when the door is opened. I will look again in the spots suggested. I also watched a few videos on youtube so at leat now I know what the button looks like.

John

John650

Reaction score

Finally got around to programming the second remote fob and changing the door open shut off feature. button was right above the pedal adjustment button. I took off the lower dash trim to access it easier.

20190704_134942.jpg

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally got around to programming the second remote fob and changing the door open shut off feature. button was right above the pedal adjustment button. I took off the lower dash trim to access it easier.

View attachment 30900

So much easier with that panel off. I did it the first time with the panel on and I felt like I was trying to input an NES power-up code (up, up, down left, hold B, tap select ....).

Josh Raley

Reaction score
Ok so I tried this and when I press the break pedal to get into the sub-banks it doesn't sound the horn or let me into the sun-bank, I have held the break pressed the button and got the three honks, pressed 2x more and then released the break pedal after that I dont get anything after pressing the pedal. Is there another way into the sub-bank?

John650

Reaction score
Ok so I tried this and when I press the break pedal to get into the sub-banks it doesn't sound the horn or let me into the sun-bank, I have held the break pressed the button and got the three honks, pressed 2x more and then released the break pedal after that I dont get anything after pressing the pedal. Is there another way into the sub-bank?

These are the steps that I used on my 2012 Navigator to get the vehicle to stop turning off when I opened any door. I highlighted step 5, this is were I think you are running into the problem. After three honks, release the brake pedal.

Programming the Module

1: NOTE: If the remote start options (Key-in sense polarity, door ajar polarity, or tach mode) are not programmed correctly, vehicle will not remote start or operate properly.

NOTE: Make sure that the hood and doors are closed before proceeding.

NOTE: The LED on the remote start harness must be visible to complete module programming.

NOTE: The remote start override button must be accessible.

2: See chart below for programming information.

Program Bank 2 Chart (5 Honks)

BANK - OPTIONS - DESCR - LED

2 - 7 - My Key - Off

3: Press and hold the brake pedal.

4: Turn the ignition key to the RUN position.

The dome light will turn off.

5: Press and hold the remote start system override button for at least 10 seconds.

After 10 seconds the horn will honk 3 times, indicating the system is now in the learn mode. Release the brake pedal and the RMST override button.

6: Press and release the override button. The horn will honk 4 times indicating the system has entered the first program bank.

7: Press and release the override button again. The horn will honk 5 times indicating the system has entered the second program bank.

8: Press and release the brake pedal.

The horn will honk 1 time indicating the system has entered the option 1 of the second program bank. Press and release the brake pedal until you get 7 honks this is option 7 of the second bank.

NOTICE: When turning LED on or off using remote start fob button quickly press and immediately release the remote start button.

Failure to quickly release the remote start fob button will result in system defaulting to the factory options.

9: The LED must be off for option 7. Allows vehicle to stay running---But it also circumvents MYKEY operation.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The below is for System 100 systems (right out of the manual).

Step 1. Close all doors and hood.
Step 2. Press and hold the BRAKE PEDAL.
Step 3. Insert the key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ON/RUN position.
Step 4. Locate and press the remote start system override button for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds the horn will honk
3 times and the lights will flash 3 times, indicating that the system is now in Transmitter Learn Mode.
Step 5. Release the brake pedal and the system override button.
Step 6. Press and release the remote start system override button 1 time. The horn will honk 4 times and the lights will
flash 4 times indicating that the system is now in “Bank 1” of the programming options.
Step 7. Press and release the brake pedal 1 time. The horn will honk 1 time and the lights will flash 1 time, indicating
that the system is now at the first programable option. Refer to the “Option Programming Chart” on the
next page for available options and features.
Step 8. To advance to the next option, press and release the brake pedal. The horn will honk 2 times and the lights will
flash 2 times indicating that the system is now at the 2nd programmable option. Repeat for additional options
within bank.
Step 9. To advance to “Bank 2” programming options, press and release the remote start system override button one
time. The horn will honk 5 times and the lights will flash 5 times indicating that the system is now in “Bank 2” of
the programming options.
Step 10. Refer to the “Option Programming Chart” and repeat Step 7 and Step 8, if necessary.
Step 11. Once programming is complete, turn off ignition.
Note: Transmitters can be programmed by pressing the (Lock) button (1-Way) or the (Start)
button (2-Way) one time for each transmitter. Up to 8 transmitters may be learned.
Note: Locate the L.E.D. connected to the remote start harness before proceeding.
Note: Options can be changed by pressing the (Lock) button (1-Way) or the (Start) button (2-Way)
one time. The L.E.D. will turn on and off depending on the desired option. Items in BOLD are factory
default.