2011 Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John650

Reaction score
I
My part number isn't in either of those manuals is there a different system? Or do you now how I could lookup a manual with this part number?

Thank you for you help!

I think the manuals are from 2010 or 2011. I haven't looked for anything newer as they addressed my issue. If I ever come across anything newer I will post it.

What year is your Expedition?

TheRealMcL0VN

Reaction score
I'm trying to get the remote start to work on my 2012 expedition limited. When I press and hold the button on the key fob a message will show up saying "key could not program". How do I reprogram it to see the key?

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Off subject so my apologies. But in Colorado Springs folks would warm their cars in the winter and so many were stolen that a law made it illegal to let them run without someone in the vehicle. They even have a term for it Puffing.

I wonder if the law applies to a locked car with remote start.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Off subject so my apologies. But in Colorado Springs folks would warm their cars in the winter and so many were stolen that a law made it illegal to let them run without someone in the vehicle. They even have a term for it Puffing.

I wonder if the law applies to a locked car with remote start.

There's a similar law in a number of states. I haven't really looked into it to know if the wording permits for an exclusion in a case like this, but, generally, LE only enforces these laws in areas where car thefts are common. If there's a lot of auto theft in a given area, it's probably best not to leave it running anyway.

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My dually's remote start kills the engine if the brake pedal is pressed, necessary to put in gear, without a key in the ignition.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My dually's remote start kills the engine if the brake pedal is pressed, necessary to put in gear, without a key in the ignition.

It's the same on my Expedition. I believe under PA law it would be acceptable as far as leaving it unattended. However, in some areas we also have laws against idling, so one could get ticketed for that.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That was always one of the many great side benefits of Ford's push button Keyless entry. I could run the engine and lock up the car/truck/van and open it with the code when it was time to drive.

rndlmn4

Reaction score
FWIW... In Illinois, a running car must be attended, UNLESS it was started with a remote start AND the doors are locked.