2012 Expy Timing Code Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

auroraskier

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Pleasure to be part of the group. I am currently worming overseas in the Middle East and am the proud second owner of a 2012 Ford Expedition 5.4L 3V with 125K miles on it.
I really love this vehicle but the last two months issues have appeared and its a cause of pain since it is my only vehicle here.
It suddenly developed a loud engine ticking sound, and a rough shaky idle. Ofcourse I started trouble shooting it myself since the dealership and local mechanics here are a far cry from the states not to mention the language barrier I face.
At any rate I determined the sound was primarily coming from Bank one. I also scanned the vehicle for codes which returned a P0138 O2 sensor code. Then I removed the top and front valve covers for a visual inspection. After reading and alot of youtube searches I ordered some parts from the states and shipped them to the middle east which took almost six weeks.

I ordered all new Roller Followers, Bank 1 and 2 VVT Solenoids, both Timing Chains, both Chain Tensioners. New Spark Plugs set, 10W30 Motorcraft Full Synthetic (which I regularly change at about 3000 to 4000 miles and always add lucas oil stabalizer), new Cam Phaser for Bank 1, Crankshaft Bolt, ofcourse all new gaskets.

I also purchased special tools from Ford for the timing job and followed the process to the T.
I buttoned it all up after all this; only the engine knocking was diminished, now a tick. Further after scanning codes I have a whole new list of codes. I can’t understand what is the cause. Please if you know or had the same issues please share your advice.

P0390-Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit Bank 2

P0014-B Camshaft Position Timing Over Advanced or System Performance Bank 1

P0024-B Camshaft Position Timing Over Advanced or System Performance Bank 2

P00394-Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit Intermittent Bank 2

P0138-O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2

Sincerely,
Auroraskier MiddleEast