2012- LED Trailer running lights not working, Help w/ Resistor/ adapter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wingrider

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Expedition HD Tow w/ the 7 pin and all that with full access to an enclosed car trailer I use a lot. Tows great. My trailer buddy changed the lights on the trailer to LEDs and now everything works except the running lights when I turn on the headlights. He said he had the same problem and bought an adapter that he put in-line for his Tourag (SUV) and it worked fine. I called the local trailer guys and they want to put resistor$ on all of the lights in the trailer so the car will sense them and fire up the LEDs. Buddy sold the Tourag (diesel-gate) and now has an '18 King Ranch Super Duty and it doesn't seem to care about the LEDs and works fine for him.

I was thinking I could put a resistor inline behind my connector on the back of the 7 pin and save some drama, or perhaps ask you folks if you've come across this / have a solution.

Any help, suggestions, feedback, links, etc. appreciated.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is something else going on with your wiring probably on the rig side. I've got LEDs on 3 different trailers I own with NO resistors and have no issues with them triggering. I'd do some checking and see what you have power wise @ the 7 way connector. I'm guessing something else is going on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE