2012 mirror glass in an 08?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks great. Did you test the heat to the mirror?

I should have, but I didn’t.

They move smoother and quieter with fresh grease. Hopefully that buys me a couple more years out of the motors.

Passenger side is also finished. So less than an hour to swap both.
I don’t think the blind spot in the pass is convex enough. It doesn’t show as much as the full mirror does. It should show a lot more. They are not separately adjustable from the full glass. I thought they would be.

6F112441-45AC-401F-ADD7-83EF1C975AB6.jpeg

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So how do you separate the glass from the mount? Just force it apart? Or is there a release lever or something that has to be pushed first? Couldn’t tell from your pics, but the final result looks very good.

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So how do you separate the glass from the mount? Just force it apart? Or is there a release lever or something that has to be pushed first? Couldn’t tell from your pics, but the final result looks very good.

Clips are circled. I think two more are out of the pic on the left. Yellow ones are the ones that broke. I followed the video for prying a clip but the original were just too old and not flexible anymore. Tilt the glass down and to one side then reach in with a pick tool and lift up on the clips.

633796C3-C20C-41B9-8976-616094952E86.jpeg