1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012MY buck/jerk on tip out at highway speed

Discussion in 'Transmission & Drive train' started by theoldwizard1, Jul 29, 2013.

1. theoldwizard1

theoldwizard1 Full Access Members

2012 Expedition EL, 5.4L, 4x4, less than 40K miles (original tires).

It's my daughter's vehicle and she uses it to haul my 4 grandchildren, all under 5 years old (2 sets of twins).

The last long trip she and my SIL took they experienced a "violent" buck/jerk upon backing out of the throttle at about 70 mph. This only happened twice during the entire trip, but it was violent and LOUD ! It definitely came for the transmission/driveline.

The vehicle has been back to the dealer and they have found nothing. I can not seem to find anything with Google searches.

Anyone experience anything like this ?

Any suggestions on what to checks ?

2. FordCustSrvc

FordCustSrvc Full Access Members

Hi theoldwizard1.

I'd like to look into this for you. Could you please PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info?

Ashley

3. cbfrommsc

cbfrommsc New Member

I am having the same issue on my 2013 expedition. Was this ever resolved?

4. FordCustSrvc

FordCustSrvc Full Access Members

cbfrommsc,

Let me lend a hand. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info.

Ashley

5. 13ExpeditionLtd

13ExpeditionLtd New Member

Jerk, Slip, Bump, Loss of Power, engine light on momentarily. 2013 Limited 287,000mi
    Loss of Acceleration at highway speed with/without cruise control on or accelerating from on ramp to highway.

6. 13ExpeditionLtd

13ExpeditionLtd New Member

Bought a FIXD code reader and tried to recreate the issue. It took a bit but I got a P0300 indicates that one or more cylinders are experiencing misfires. So I guess it's spark or fuel? Any suggestions? Start with the cheap and easy ...

First time using a fuel system cleaner. 1st tank seems to have made an improvement. It's been 85k since the last time plugs were changed. So that's next.

Last edited: May 4, 2021 at 7:24 PM