2013 Expedition EL Limited aftermarket head unit options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurtonRiderT6

Reaction score
Aftermarket head units for a 2013 EL Limited. I’ve read that you can’t use your rear controls if you install one, is that true? After playing with the factory head unit I’m kinda wanting something more phone friendly. Do they make any that allow me to maintain the factory steering controls, backup cam, and rear controls? I’ve checked out crutchfield and found a couple but the loss of the rear controls and not supporting the factory backup cam has me concerned. Anyone have any luck finding something already?

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rear controls I've never seen being retained. It's a funky wiring setup back there. You wont have a second source to listen to with aftermarket in most cases unless you have a radio that has a dvd/cd option w 2nd zone output.

Retaining steering controls and backup cam is not a problem so long as your choice of harness accommodates it. The idatalink Maestro RR w the FO1 T-harness makes it a pretty straightforward install. It retains them both as well as the rear seat video if you have it. Plus side is these years also support digital gauges on the radio, tpms data, etc. Its a nice group of feature to have.