2013 Turn Signal Flasher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZMJohnson

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Ford Expedition EL King Ranch 2WD. I have replaced the tail light bulbs with LEDs and the Front Turn Signals with LEDs. I am planning to do a full LED conversion on the whole vehicle. When installing the LEDs, this causes the vehicle to hyperflash. Is there any fix to this? I have ordered a LED Flasher Relay. I am not sure where the original flasher relay is located and would appreciate some guidance to the location. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Ford Expedition EL King Ranch 2WD. I have replaced the tail light bulbs with LEDs and the Front Turn Signals with LEDs. I am planning to do a full LED conversion on the whole vehicle. When installing the LEDs, this causes the vehicle to hyperflash. Is there any fix to this? I have ordered a LED Flasher Relay. I am not sure where the original flasher relay is located and would appreciate some guidance to the location. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

There is no flasher unit - the flashing is controlled by the body control module.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If that is the case, how would I fix this hyperflashing?

I have no idea, as I use OEM bulbs in all of my vehicles.

I have read on this forum other posts where a LED load resistor is installed inline with the bulbs. I do not know how to do this.

I do know that GM (not Ford) has issued TSB’s regarding the use of LED bulbs in sockets not originally designed to use them - which causes a battery drain with the engine turned off. I also own a 2014 Impala 2LTZ, which was affected by the TSB and LED bulbs (although I do not use them).

Perhaps do a forum search or wait for another member to provide the information? Good luck.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Forscan can do it for some model years. Not sure if that includes 2013, but it worked on my 2017. There's a cheat sheet with the codes on the forum somewhere, probably in the Forscan section.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

ZMJohnson

Reaction score
Forscan can do it for some model years. Not sure if that includes 2013, but it worked on my 2017. There's a cheat sheet with the codes on the forum somewhere, probably in the Forscan section.
If you can find that, that would be amazing.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's in the BCM tab on the sheet I linked above, under exterior lighting. I think it's the 726-28-01 rear outage off setting. it's been a few years since I switched mine, but if you see that prameter under BCM on your vehicle it will likely work.

OP
OP
Z

ZMJohnson

Reaction score
It's in the BCM tab on the sheet I linked above, under exterior lighting. I think it's the 726-28-01 rear outage off setting. it's been a few years since I switched mine, but if you see that prameter under BCM on your vehicle it will likely work.
I don’t have a BCM section at all in FORScan. I’ve looked for it and it’s not there.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's possible it was added after the 2013 model year, or it could be tied to another module. I suggest checking to see if any earlier model year F150s had the setting someplace, as many of the configuration settings overlap. If you can't find the setting in Forscan you may need to add a resistor.