2013 Upgrade radio and retain backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas2013

Reaction score
Hello, I have an xlt with the nav with voice activated navigation. It is nice but I would like something that works with android auto. Plenty of good stuff available to swap it out with, but it seems when it comes to backup cameras there is an adapter for every make and model except fords.

Questions are:

1 - Is there and adapter to plug my camera into a new head unit?
2 - If there is no adapter is there a after market camera that will fit nicely in the factory space?
3 - Would changing the camera require new wiring? Would this be difficult to do?
4 - Is there anything I am not thinking of besides the camera that I may loose or have trouble with if I upgrade?

photo of the camera attached, thanks guys!

20170912_193118.jpg

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After some trials and tribulations I was able to get this done. If you use the iDatalink Maestro you'll have a leftover connector on the vehicle side of the harness that has two wires.. that's the backup camera. You'll have to splice a RCA connector on it and you'll be good to go.

John Hotchkiss

Reaction score
Hey Im having the same issue. Do you remember how you spliced the harness to the RCA cable?

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Kenwood unit DNX574s now replaced by DNX576s)I installed had all the connections for after market cameras front and rear. It had the revering wire that turns on the rear camera when the truck is placed in reverse. A very easy install. I used the Maestro to set up steering wheel controls.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DNX574S/Kenwood-DNX574S.html

Last edited: