2014 5.4 Oxygen sensors- How many and where exactly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im having a hell of a time finding what im looking for. Originally I thought a single sensor would be found towards the back of the exhaust and Ive followed it almost the to headers and can't find it.
Now I read there could be and most likely is more than one.

Any help, especially a schematics PDF would be awesome.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Theirs 4, 2 upstream, 2 downstream. Your not looking hard enough.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The upstream are often way up high closed to engine almost in vertical rise section by firewall.
The downstream are usually easier to see and in pip running toward rear around front of front door area.

scythefwd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cant say on the 5.4L, but on my 4.6 f150.. one was in the exhaust manifold, the other was right after the cat. There will always be 2 per bank of cylinders. One pre cat, one post cat. The difference in measurements between the two is what tells the engine to adjust its air fuel mixture or timing on variable timing engines. If you cannot find them chasing the exhaust.. there is a slim possibility you have an exhaust and tune that involved a cat/o2 sensor delete. Either way.. if you cannot find them.. look at where they plug into.. they'll be topside usually.. and pretty much any maintenance manual worth its salt will have them labeled (as well as on the exhaust path too)

talonfxr

Reaction score
2 for the left side between exhaust and drivers floor pan same for the passenger side. easiest thing is to follow the wires going towards your exhaust in those areas. Just replaced bank 2 sensor 1 (left side forward), took about 15 mins. The space is tight and you'll have to use an open ended wrench if I remember correctly it was 7/8" in size.

Mad Oshea

Full Access Members
Reaction score
$. One is in the Y of the tail pipe where they split. two forward and one final. All on the top. You will have to feel on the top of the pipes to find three of them. the two in the front a a pain.