2014 Aftermarket Crossbars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arc1847

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum and looking for advice. I searched through the old threads and wasn't able to come up with an answer. I've just purchased a 2014 Expy to replace my 2005 as a tow vehicle for my boat and camper. I had some aftermarket clamp-on crossbars for my 2005 that I thought I would just be able to transfer over to my 2014 but no such luck. The outside of the roof rails is too tall for my crossbars to get a solid grip. I'm looking for something wider than the OEM cross bars. Has anyone had any luck with something other than Thule or Yakima ($$$)?

Thanks,

Al

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you want good you're gonna pay, unfortunately. Thule and Yakima make excellent products and price accordingly. Another option is Inno, who also make a great product. They make the best surfboard rack by far, for instance.

You'd be looking for Inno IN-FR base to use standard square load bars.

I'm running Thule adapters with 72" load bars on my truck and they work great. Twist a bungee cord around the load bars along their length to disrupt the airflow and you'll virtually eliminate the howling without running a wind deflector.