2014 Electrical/Stereo Connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhford

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a 2014 Expedition XL that was a former police vehicle. There is no AUX or Bluetooth for the stereo so I removed the stereo to see where I can add a usb connection for my phone (the stereo has a button with a phone picture and an AUX button but there is just no where to plug in any device). So I know the stereo has the capability to play music from my phone and I just need to wire it up. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the base stereo or know how I can wire in a usb connector for my phone?
Also, while removing the stereo, I found this electrical connector that was not connected to anything. It does not seem right for there to be a loose connector that is not plugged in anywhere. Does anyone know what this is for?
I included pictures of my stereo for reference and the mystery electrical connector.
Thanks in advance!

CAB1D927-1461-4822-8B32-ABCD5814A595.jpegDE886EC0-7A4F-46AE-8610-044B8DCA4305.jpeg8051EC91-09BA-4612-A9A2-D66FDC848A3E.jpeg

Polar Bear

Reaction score
did you ever figure this out? I a have a XL fleet and I'm trying to figure out how to wire an aftermarket head unit with can bus + and - connections

2013Tuxedo

Reaction score
Go to the Crutchfield website and build out a full new stereo, look at the recommended accessories they add and delete what you don't need out of the cart and buy the rest with the included install instructions.