2014 Expedition Liftgate Rust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AccraBob

AccraBob

Reaction score
Progress (?) report:

I didn't file a claim with my Ford dealer until a few months past 5 years of ownership (we were on a road trip, and I frankly didn't notice the bubbles until part way through the trip). We have kept ESP and then CSP in force continuously.

Ford said the dealer quoted $3,206.68 for the replacement parts, and Ford offers to cover $3,211.68 of the total repair cost. The labor quote from the body shop the dealer chose is $1,005.00. So essentially I'd be paying $1,000 toward the repair. While that looks like just under 25% of the total cost, of course the price of the parts is marked up by both Ford and the dealer so my share of actual cost is probably closer to 50%, I am guessing.

How do these numbers look to those of you who have been through this sort of thing?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks fair to me, the fact that Ford is covering over half of the cost on your 2014 is a show of good-will