2014 XLT Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11lariat

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm looking at a 2014 XLT with the 202A package. I'm having some trouble finding information about the remote start system. I found a PDF of the 2014 sales brochure, but that makes it look like these things came with the old school standalone remote for the remote start system. That seems like it can't be right...right? My 2011 F150 has it right on the IKT and my 2012 Explorer has it in the proximity fob.

Can someone confirm? I haven't had much exposure to these trucks besides my dad's old '99 EB.

Thanks!

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm looking at a 2014 XLT with the 202A package. I'm having some trouble finding information about the remote start system. I found a PDF of the 2014 sales brochure, but that makes it look like these things came with the old school standalone remote for the remote start system. That seems like it can't be right...right? My 2011 F150 has it right on the IKT and my 2012 Explorer has it in the proximity fob.

Can someone confirm? I haven't had much exposure to these trucks besides my dad's old '99 EB.

Thanks!
It is a stand alone key fob, I'll get a picture of mine, I drive a 2014 as well

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is what I had to get, got it from eBay, easy to program to, you need to find the box under your driverside dash, it will have a button on it valet , put key in ignition turn to on, press brake and push button in till the horn or door locks move, the let off and push the key fob. It should work, you may have to look online to see if I'm right for sure. Need any help let us know

IMG_0742.JPG

OP
OP
11lariat

11lariat

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Good (albeit surprising) info! I'm still working on getting the dealer where I want them to be pricewise, this truck has been on their lot for close to a year but they don't seem too interested in making a deal o_O