2015-2017 Headlight DRL mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
Loki found some interest in one of the mods that the expy has been theough.

I've always liked the new explorers and expeditions having some extra running lights that give them a fancy touch... After some research I started out with buying some DRL led strips in December by yanf I really liked the look but unfortunately they started to burn out. Bout a month ago I went ahead got some Opt7 show glow lights to replace them and add a set to the fog light area as Ford did with the explorer line.

Hooking them up for the headlights was pretty simple. I removed each headlight and put down a bead of silicone on the bottom and then a few tacks with the hot glue gun to hold it in place. I also used a clamp for a good fit at the angle. Please not the first time I did this was with super glue and that didn't turn out very well.

The ones lining the fog lights I used all hot glue and it's been solid for a month (including rain and a few car washes)

Wiring was simple there is 3 wires going into the Amber bulbs on each side. All 3 of the wires from the system get tied into those (providing you want to use the then signal features of the strips)360782668.png IMG_20190522_200059.jpg IMG_20190522_200054.jpg IMG_20190522_200057.jpg IMG_20190522_200034.jpg

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why have you put this idea out here?!?!?!? You know we cannot be trusted with new fun ways to modify our trucks...lol

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the LEDs you used?
I may do the headlights like that. Not going to do the trim around the fogs since I do water crossing frequently. Not in the mood to add any wiring down there.