2015-2017 LSDs Limited Slip Differentials

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derp

Reaction score
Hello All, I am trying figure out what LSD options are (were) for 2015-2017 Expeditions EL and non-EL 4x4. The internet seems to be littered with bad information on this subject. The more I search google/forums the more confused I am.

Based on the brochures for all three model years, it appears only the 2017s had a rear LSD. I see no mention of LSDs for the other years front or rear. I very well could be missing something.

Edit: I looked more closely at the 2016 brochure and the 2016 EL 4x4 (every trim) comes with a rear LSD

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello All, I am trying figure out what LSD options are (were) for 2015-2017 Expeditions EL and non-EL 4x4. The internet seems to be littered with bad information on this subject. The more I search google/forums the more confused I am.

Based on the brochures for all three model years, it appears only the 2017s had a rear LSD. I see no mention of LSDs for the other years front or rear. I very well could be missing something.

When I ordered my 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4, the salesperson said that the LSD was NOT available on any configuration of the Expedition for 2015. He even gave me a copy of the dealer order guide. I thought that was very odd on behalf of Ford, given that the vehicle could be driven in RWD (instead of AWD or 4WD).

I do not have information on the 2016 and 2017 models.

OP
OP
D

Derp

Reaction score
When I ordered my 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4, the salesperson said that the LSD was NOT available on any configuration of the Expedition for 2015. He even gave me a copy of the dealer order guide. I thought that was very odd on behalf of Ford, given that the vehicle could be driven in RWD (instead of AWD or 4WD).

I do not have information on the 2016 and 2017 models.
Thanks! That's what appeared to be the case for 2015s but I wasn't positive.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2015 no LSD available at all.
2016 and 2017 LSD with 3.73s was standard on all EL 4x4s
3.73s with LSD was available as an option on all 2wd models and 4x4 short wheel base models.

3.15s and 3.31s were not available with LSD.

Though of course their are always strange anomalies where things outside of what Ford claims in the brochures happen.