2015 Expedition Trans Fluid change at 150K?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkNJ77

Reaction score
I just bought a 2015 Ford Expedition Limited with 62K miles. Ford maintenance intervals say not to change the trans fluid and filter until 150K miles? I usually change the filter and fluid at the mileage I have now so is there something different? Should I wait until 150K?

Reaction score
Don’t touch the tranny. These are known as being “disposable” transmissions. If it were actual “maintenance” then why would it be at 150k?!

OP
OP
M

MarkNJ77

Reaction score
Don’t touch the tranny. These are known as being “disposable” transmissions. If it were actual “maintenance” then why would it be at 150k?!

I have never heard of that before but I guess I am used to older vehicles. I usually do change around 60-75K.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I have never heard of the transmission in a 2015 Ford Expedition being disposable.

Please tell us more, using facts please.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have never heard of that before but I guess I am used to older vehicles. I usually do change around 60-75K.

On my 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4, purchased new, I had the dealer change the transmission fluid and filter at 75,*** miles.

I do not tow and it is used strictly for passenger use. The manual said 150,000 miles - but I thought it could not hurt to have it changed (not flushed) with Motorcraft fluid and filter (called a screen in the part’s manual).

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Change it. You can't flush it. Drop the pan and replace the seven quarts that come out. Make sure the level's correct. Never seen a shop get this right.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01