2015 Ford Expedition EL with Ready lift kit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share photos of the 2015 EL I purchased in New Jersey, then drove all the way back to Reno, NV via Nashville, Waco Texas, Albuquerque and Boise on a two week vacation. Just got the windows tinted 5 percent all around (except for the windshield of course) and had the ready lift 3”/2 &½ lift installed with new 33”Maxxis Razor AT tires on the factory limited wheels. Painted them black with plasti-dip. Can’t wait to install my scanner, GMRS radio, PA, roof rack, brush guard, Alpine Halo 11” infotainment head unit, cameras and lighting. I’ll post more as I get things done but was excited to share here where people appreciate the Expedition like we do. Cheers! ;-)

Robb
Reno, NV

Attachments

• 764C6766-CB7C-4B83-B655-EDEA78E66AEE.jpeg
    764C6766-CB7C-4B83-B655-EDEA78E66AEE.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 71
  • C1958452-315C-4466-91F6-C6E086519BA2.jpeg
    C1958452-315C-4466-91F6-C6E086519BA2.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 70

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck. You've got it looking great! 5% tint on the two front door windows gets you a nice $250 ticket tucked under the wiper here.

Speedboosted

Reaction score
Really nice looking truck, I'll have to do some research on those tires for mine once these Grabber ATX's wear down. Any plans for ditch lights? I have an XLT with the standard headlights and its so bad at night, especially on trails going to campsites. Been looking for a simple bracket/mount but haven't had any luck. I don't think F150 setups would work, but maybe they do?

OP
OP
AsphaltSocialites
Reaction score
Thanks man. Really appreciate that! I haven't added other lighting yet though I'm looking to. I think I want to find the right heavy duty roof rack first to mount everything to. I did order these brilliant Ford F-150 mirror cap lights without realizing how different they actually from Expedition mirrors. Such a shame. They won't take them back so I'm currently trying to figure out how I might be able to modify my current Exepedition's mirrors. I'd be pretty happy! Check these out...

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the standard headlights in my 2015 XLT and it drove me crazy. It was so dim that I would see my own trucks shadow in front of me when another car was behind lighting me up.

I ended up getting a pair of Diode Dynamics SL1 LED bulbs. They made a world of difference. I did have to adjust the aim so I didn't blind other drivers, but in short, I would never go back.

OP
OP
AsphaltSocialites
Reaction score
Oh nice! Yep, same story here. I couldn't believe how dim the factory lights are. Especially when placed against the nice LED fog lights on the lower front bumper. Definitely skimped there. I got some new LED headlights and haven't looked back too!

HouseMoney

Reaction score
Oh nice! Yep, same story here. I couldn't believe how dim the factory lights are. Especially when placed against the nice LED fog lights on the lower front bumper. Definitely skimped there. I got some new LED headlights and haven't looked back too!
What led headlights did you get? Looking into that

OP
OP
AsphaltSocialites
Reaction score
What led headlights did you get? Looking into that
Hi, sorry for the delay. I couldn't seem to find the exact purchase confirmation email from when I got my LED headlights but I kept researching and looking around and came up with this company. I can't remember exactly which set I got from this page but these were my options. Doesn't seem like you can go wrong with any of these. Well built for sure! Here's the link to the page! ;-) https://www.fuzedled.com/search?type=product&options[prefix]=last&q=2015+Ford+Expedition+