2015 Ford Expedition ride height and suspension upgrades.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Iamsam1117

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
So as per getting nerdy!!! I wanted to see what I should really run my tires at in switching to LT tires I had a feeling it should still be some different... So when looking through the F-150 forums I hit gold!!! What you do is go over to the toyo website and they have the converter table right there.... Look up your factory (doorframe) psi and tire size on the list to find what rated weight capacity. it was at... Then look at your new tire size (P or LT) and find your original tire weightr rating and it show what your proper psi is...

For example I started with P275/65R20 and was rated for 2403 per tire... I referenced that with my new size LT275/65/R20 and that weight was under the 45 psi line... Bumped em up to 45 this afternoon and still runs pretty smooth

https://www.toyotires.com/tires-101/tire-load-and-inflation-tables

BBenson

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got a 2017 expedition and putting 3/2 ready lift on it. Was thinking of 17x9 wheels with +12 offset 33 inch tires. Will +12 17x9 wheels look aggressive enough. I would like the tires to stick out about 1/2-3/4 outside the fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Iamsam1117

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
So the girl made a comment on how you can feel every bump in the road after all the upgrades... Lift kit, LT tires upgrade, KYB shocks. Any suggestions on ways to make it a little smoother on the small stuff or do I just tell her tough luck it's a truck?? I know o could always put OEM shocks for a softer ride but don't exactly want to go back to bouncing all over the place either.

Part of me wonders if the front springs are in worse shape then I though when swapping the strut.

schmaltz

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got a 2017 expedition and putting 3/2 ready lift on it. Was thinking of 17x9 wheels with +12 offset 33 inch tires. Will +12 17x9 wheels look aggressive enough. I would like the tires to stick out about 1/2-3/4 outside the fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you provide a link to this 3/2 leveling kit? The Readylift site has lots of kits.

OP
OP
Iamsam1117

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
I used one from eBay. Ran about $180ish

**Update**
Stiff suspension resolved turns out when you adjust the ride height you also need to "reset" your control arms to the correct ride height... Doing this is as simple as lifting it back up slightly loosening them and dropping the car back down before tightening. Mine moved a little bit and now's it's much much smoother!!!! By tightening in the air you preload them making the shocks less effective

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used one from eBay. Ran about $180ish

**Update**
Stiff suspension resolved turns out when you adjust the ride height you also need to "reset" your control arms to the correct ride height... Doing this is as simple as lifting it back up slightly loosening them and dropping the car back down before tightening. Mine moved a little bit and now's it's much much smoother!!!! By tightening in the air you preload them making the shocks less effective

Guess, I’ll give this try see if it changes anything though I don’t have a complaint in ride.
You were able to reach the bolts with the wheels on?

OP
OP
Iamsam1117

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
I could easily get to all 4 on each side with 35's on

Guess, I’ll give this try see if it changes anything though I don’t have a complaint in ride.
You were able to reach the bolts with the wheels on?

OP
OP
Iamsam1117

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
Just an update on this... Installed the 1.25" wheel spacers and had to do some heavy trimming for the existing 35" tires to fit. Can anyone show how they trimmed theirs to look good??

Specifically the step bar and wheel well