2015 led headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brett nopper

Reaction score
Was looking around for some suggestions for possibly moving to LED headlights for my 2015 expedition. Can't stand having the LED fog lights and halogen headlights.

Have any of you done this and what do you recommend?

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will be watching this thread carefully. While I'm not ready to pull the trigger just yet, it does frustrate me to see my Trucks shadow ahead of me at night when a brighter car is behind me. I would like to think that MY headlights would prevent a shadow ahead.

I started researching before since there are dozens of replacement LED bulbs out there that will 'fit'. The trouble with them is that there are many ways to create a bulb that fits. If its LEDs are not mounted in the exact same spot as the filament of incandescent bulb, then the reflectors of the headlamp housing won't be directing the light in the right directions. This leads a scattered light path instead of the desired focused beam.

There are recent threads on this if you want to dig back a little deeper.

Mean_Dean

Reaction score
Diode Dynamics SL1 fits the bill, got mine installed just need to get pics of the beam pattern. They usually run 20% discounts around the holidays also.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you been happy with them. I am guessing so as you are recommending them here. I have my curiosity questions of course.

1. Do they have longevity? How long have they been installed and how have they been?
2. Does the light pattern match what you wanted?
3. Was the difference in brightness what you expected?

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know what is wrong with all your Expys, but my '16, '04 and '06 has wonderful OEM headlights, both low and high beam. If you guys do go aftermarket, please re-aim the headlights correctly so you don't blind the rest of us. Seems like no one does this. And stop running fog lights when it's clear out, you look ridiculous.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know what is wrong with all your Expys, but my '16, '04 and '06 has wonderful OEM headlights, both low and high beam. If you guys do go aftermarket, please re-aim the headlights correctly so you don't blind the rest of us. Seems like no one does this. And stop running fog lights when it's clear out, you look ridiculous.

The high mounting point of the headlights doesn't exactly make for good distance illumination if you play by the rules, since that means pointing them down. A LOT

Especially when lifted/leveled/on bigger tires.

If you want stuff like street signs illuminated at a distance, you're gonna need to run your fogs. Preferably with LED bulbs or a projector swap

...that or reaim headlights to a decidedly non-polite height

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently got the "RCP H13 9008 LED Headlight CREE Bulbs Conversion Kits with Canbus, 80W 7200Lm 6000K White" off Amazon and the beam pattern is pretty bad.

They are not adjustable and there are shadows on the ground from the housing reflectors. Good illumination at a distance, though... but it's annoying to have headlights that look like a cheap Chinese flashlight on the ground in front of you, lol!

According to reviews, some of the more expensive ones can be flipped 180 degrees to adjust the reflection pattern. Oh well, live and learn...