2015 Limited EL Personal Touches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
They recommend you apply once a year. I typically go once every two years because the oil film is still very much present on the underside of the truck and inside the body panels even after two years. I know this because two years after a treatment I had a smash and grab on my Land Cruiser and had to open the door panel to replace my side glass. It was very oily in there. Made me smile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I did the Krown 3 weeks ago. It looked incredible (all wet) after and dripped for a week. Which is good, I just had to accommodate that to save my driveway. I think if I did it again (first time) I would have painted some rust conversion on my 2014 where it had had started rusting in places. 3 weeks later you can still see drips hanging and its oily everywhere (again good) but less wet looking. I'm going back under now with Liquid Wrench Rust Inhibitor to overkill and drive protection in select places, like seams. I also slathered grease on a few spots that were rustier, why not? I'm sold so far that it will delay the rust but time will tell. I bought a can of Fluid Film to overkill inside rocker panels before winter. I may do it again in 2 years probably depending on how it looks in future. It was $140, how can it not be a good idea?

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
One headlight clear corner done. One to go. It was a huge pain dealing with the permaseal. I’m dreading opening up the second headlight. I have hours into removing the permaseal manually. Going to try the permanator solvent to see how it works.
792cd0bac1924dba92064203c374d536.jpg
166af9a3f1ba24579900bf585d025490.jpg9b69a84b178ee0010ef2277a7b5f36d6.jpg

Not sure if your interested but there are companies that will make a clear mould of your oem reflector. Only issue is They need 5 sets paid for before doing the mould for it to be cost effective on their end.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure if your interested but there are companies that will make a clear mould of your oem reflector. Only issue is They need 5 sets paid for before doing the mould for it to be cost effective on their end.

That’s dough I could be spending on upgrading my projectors or getting a mild lift or tuning. My self cleared lenses were free...but seriously a pain. As tempting as that is, I’d rather just remove the amber and call it a day...until someone actually starts making and selling clears. I’m assuming the market for them will show up sometime.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Replaced my oil dipstick today. $9.66 from Ford dealer here in Overland Park. Accidentally broke the original while changing spark plugs. 14f41231301c0d611848f6953a9989b7.jpgee2485fac5ca4cfc81ddb086fc13c5b8.jpg