2015 Limited XL Eco boost fuel control module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi Guys, My truck died while driving, I believe its the fuel pump as I have been hearing a rattling noise coming from the fuel tank while at idle. I was driving along it starting sputtering and lost throttle control and it shut down, crank no start. All fuses and relay are good and I want to check the fuel control module. Is there a way to test it? Can I jump the pins in the connector to see if the fuel pump kicks on? any ideas? Thanks

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a laptop and the ForScan app ? You can look at what the fuel pump is doing and command it to run if it is not. But if you heard rattling from your fuel tank that's probably a good indication the pump was taking a crap. I've attached the fuel pump wiring diagram section just in case you need it.

ForScan App Download Link

Attachments

• Expedition 2015 Fuel Engine Perf Wiring Dia.pdf
    216.6 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
stevelavin1162
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, the link you posted for the laptop hookup shows two possible usb connectors, do you know which one I would need? This is good news Because I just have a common scanner and its showing no codes most likely because the engine has to be running to use it.

OP
OP
stevelavin1162
Reaction score
So I bypassed the fuel control module and I can hear the fuel pump running so im beginning to think its not the fuel pump. would an oxygen sensor or mass air flow sensor shut my truck down? anything else I can check?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I bypassed the fuel control module and I can hear the fuel pump running so im beginning to think its not the fuel pump. would an oxygen sensor or mass air flow sensor shut my truck down? anything else I can check?

No, not really. The PCM would just use a default setting if those inputs weren't available. If you actually hear your fuel pump running or rattling from the driver's seat it has a problem. How old is the fuel filter ?
How many miles on the Expy ? You really shouldn't hear the fuel pump "rattling" if you're sitting in the driver's seat. You can always just replace the fuel pump assembly to eliminate that as a possible cause.

2015 Expy Fuel Filters at Rock Auto

GF345__ra_p.jpg

OP
OP
stevelavin1162
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I also sprayed ether with no results. I order the usb cable hookup that will be here sunday so hopefully it will tell me what I need to know. BTW my fuel filter is located in the fuel tank, non serviceable.

Last edited: