2015 rear caliper slide pin bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctfl

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a trick, a tool, or just any other way to get the new caliper slide pin bushings to go into the holes in the calipers? They are not the typical style slide pins. They look like the ones here;
I've cleaned out the holes with a wire brush, I've tried greasing the holes, I've tried using dish soap, tried pressing them in with a pair of pliers, so far I'm stumped. There must be a tool or a trick to getting them to go in.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you've tried it all. I clean the bores with a wire brush, grease everything and in they go. Then I put in the pin after the rubbers are in the bores.

I'm not allowed to mention this here, but certain cheap brake hardware made in a certain country is garbage and won't work no matter how hard you try.

If all else fails, buy real stuff from Motorcraft/Ford and you wont have a problem.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not allowed to mention this here, but certain cheap brake hardware made in a certain country
Your killing me lol,
Its chinese junk trainmaster hates chinese junk and crap chinese cheap parts.
Go ahead let it out.........im afraid you will explode if you don't so let it out.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Thank you Yupster.

I feel better now.

I've had those bushings. They were hard as rocks - like plastic instead of rubber. I think I threw them over the backyard fence after taking a hammer to them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360