2015 Trans shudder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goBogo

Reaction score
I have a 2015 XLT 2wd. About 6 mo. ago I added the trans fix additive and it stopped the shudder. Now it is back. We just went on a trip, and it is really noticable. It has 194k miles on it. Do I add another bit of the additive or go to ford. Thanks, all...

Calman2k

Reaction score
Is the check engine light on?
I have a '16 and had the plugs changed before I took a road trip from TN to KS. Turns out #3 plug had a hairline crack in it, on the way back I got some weird shuddering and a check engine light.

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you tried a drain and fill with fresh transmission fluid?
Drain and fill....meaning remove the transmission pan and just change the filter and fill it back.

The flush is not a recommended. I have a 2010 with the same issue I used the shudder fixx and it worked which means that the fluid needs to be changed. If it didn't work that means your torque converter is done.

llhoneymoons

Reaction score
Agree with the last post about the torque converter, 194k is a lot.

Rebuild likely needed. Wait too long and risk hard part damage which will add to the cost.

Find a good transmission shop, don't shop price, and have it looked at.

itsjbrown

Reaction score
2010 Expedition here. Very light shudder, vibration when shifting into 4th(I think) gear around 35-45 mph. 201k. Bought it used at 200... No maintenance records or trans service. Dropped the transmission pan, drained and replaced filter...fluid was pretty bad/dark...likely never changed...didn't find much metal or other gunk inside...new Valvoline synthetic back in... Car quest filter... 2 oz. of Shudder Fix. Instantly much better shifting and the shudder is gone... For now at least. FYI the little orange gasket on the top of the old transmission filter got stuck in the valve body... Make sure that comes out of you DIY this.