2016 EL Limited - High Miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BamaBuc

BamaBuc

Reaction score
The extended warranty should provide substantial piece of mind. Castrol Magnetec gets good UOAs in the Ecoboost. Premium gas is not required, but will reduce fuel dilution. The plugs are probably toast at 100K, so you it may be prudent to replace them proactively, especially if you can do the work yourself. Watch for throttle body failure as well. It's a relatively inexpensive fix, but the failure mode can be frustrating. Enjoy the new vehicle and safe travels!
Thanks, Jason! I am going to take your advice and change the plugs. I’m sure there’s a good thread here regarding the best ones to use. Do you have a recommendation?

IRT throttle body failure. How do you ‘watch out’ for that?

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, Jason! I am going to take your advice and change the plugs. I’m sure there’s a good thread here regarding the best ones to use. Do you have a recommendation?

IRT throttle body failure. How do you ‘watch out’ for that?
The plugs can be a pain. My boots tore and I had to pick them out in pieces. There's a thread on here about it. And there's a tool that's supposed to make the process easier. For the throttle body, just know if that if you get any weird throttle behavior, like no acceleration or limp mode, that may be the reason why. I had both of those issues as I approached 100K. But they're fairly straightforward repairs.

OP
OP
BamaBuc

BamaBuc

Reaction score
The plugs can be a pain. My boots tore and I had to pick them out in pieces. There's a thread on here about it. And there's a tool that's supposed to make the process easier. For the throttle body, just know if that if you get any weird throttle behavior, like no acceleration or limp mode, that may be the reason why. I had both of those issues as I approached 100K. But they're fairly straightforward repairs.
Sweet, I'll go search up the plug thread so I can get started on that. Thanks again!