2016 expedition XM antenna replacement -signal cutout/new towers-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

higney85

Reaction score
I cannot find any instructions or videos on replacing the XM antenna for a 2016 expedition. We are suffering from the dreaded “no signal” issue around the latest “new” cellular towers and the only thing I have found is that the antenna must be replaced with a different model https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10092559-5448.pdf

I REALLY don’t want to remove the headliner because, honestly, my skill set likely won’t have things looking nice after the fact. Does this need to be done or will the antenna come out from above and simply be swapped with replacement wiring from the top? The antenna doesn’t appear to have any screws to remove it from above, so does it twist out or is it purely screws accessible only after the headliner is removed? For this issue affecting so many vehicles I’m surprised there are no write ups, but then again not sure how many folks actually use XM. Before I pay a few bucks for a new antenna and destroy the headliner (my fear), I’m looking to find out if I’m missing that this is an easy fix.

Thanks in advance.

adamsdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just realized I responded to a two year old post. Boy this forum doesn't get much activity.

Last edited: