2016 Manual A/C front blower working intermittently replacement parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamsdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your front fan blows intermittently or just stops then is quite probably the resistor and wiring harness. On mine one of the pins was blackened as was the matching hole on the pigtail. Very easy fix since it only involved two 8 mm screws, clipping 4 wires and then splicing in the replacement pigtail and screwing back in the new resistor. Hardest step was getting RSM Ford to give me the correct resistor. If I'd been a little smarter I would've have removed the old piece and taken it with me to the dealership. I replaced both items including soldering the one stupid itty bitty wire to the 10 gauge replacement pigtail in about 45 minutes. It would've been quicker but it wasn't the easiest space to work in.

Manual single zone air conditioner
View media item 6992YH-1829 resistor
View media item 6993WPT-688 pigtail part number
View media item 6991
Use Motorcraft parts and order them on Amazon and you'll save 40-50% over the dealership prices. I paid extra for convenience and just to be done.

I'm posting this only to provide the correct Motorcraft part numbers for my model. The service manual had some weird number starting with a "C" that didn't match anything.

Mel897

Reaction score
Adamsdaddy,
Thanks for the info. Mine is a 2017 Expedition XLT, bought used. After driving it a year and a half, I had to replace the resistor. What I took out was an aftermarket. Replacement from car-parts dot com was marked "FoMoCo" and ">PP+T20< 9L34-W624". It came with a 90 day warranty. It died at 6 months. I bought a MotorCraft replacement from O'Reilly's that had a 2 year warranty. It's Motorcraft bag says "YH-2060". It's markings are exactly as above. It died at precisely 3 months

O'Reilly's has returned none of my emails.

Now, I ordered from Amazon the MotorCraft pigtail that you suggested. I'm attempting to order the YF-1829 resistor you pictured. However, a pop-up from Amazon system says it won't fit my 2017 Expedition. Shall I go ahead and order it? Amazon has fabulous return policy.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Adamsdaddy,
Thanks for the info. Mine is a 2017 Expedition XLT, bought used. After driving it a year and a half, I had to replace the resistor. What I took out was an aftermarket. Replacement from car-parts dot com was marked "FoMoCo" and ">PP+T20< 9L34-W624". It came with a 90 day warranty. It died at 6 months. I bought a MotorCraft replacement from O'Reilly's that had a 2 year warranty. It's Motorcraft bag says "YH-2060". It's markings are exactly as above. It died at precisely 3 months

O'Reilly's has returned none of my emails.

Now, I ordered from Amazon the MotorCraft pigtail that you suggested. I'm attempting to order the YF-1829 resistor you pictured. However, a pop-up from Amazon system says it won't fit my 2017 Expedition. Shall I go ahead and order it? Amazon has fabulous return policy.

Here is Ford TSB regarding items: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163573-0001.pdf

Here is Ford Safety Recall information for your vehicle (the front HVAC blower motor has been under a safety recall since August 26, 2022): https://www.expeditionforum.com/thr...imate-control-blower-motor-replacement.51620/

Mel897

Reaction score
Thank you very much @99WhiteC5Coupe! I'm sorry that I didn't mention in my post that I have that service bulletin and that the blower has been replaced by the dealer because of the recall. I asked if they could replace the resistor while they had the vehicle. They could, for much more than I thought reasonable.
Thanks again