2016 side exit exhaust (rear muffler delete)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Tired of lookin at the ugly rear muffler sticking out behind rear bumper. It’s coming off this weekend and I’m going with a side exit pipe. Will update in next couple days

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking forward to how this turns out. I'm close to doing the same. You gonna get some slip on pipe and clamp it or getting a muffler shop to weld something on?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are you going about the project. On mine the big muffler is Tucked up underneath on the passanger side about mid-truck, on our 5.4L ones they have muffler wide way vertical instead of wide way horizontal.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I hate everything about the exhaust. The look number one. There is a good chance it gets hung up on something off-road. But the sound is a close second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He's just talking about taking this off:

aCUJ-PfaH4c9_v-poOrX3wiVJOcDqgwKn4T1LgM17F0

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh just deleting the stupid back thing, I don’t know what they we’re thinking with that, stupid design on multiple levels.

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Looks good. Do you think it will stain your paint if it is not far out enough?
I don’t think so. Going to see how it looks with a similar tip on it like on OEM muffler or whatever you wanna call it. My truck usually doesn’t go more than three days without at least being wiped down with some sort of speed wax so I probably would t notice it anyways. It will be attached with a clamp so if I need to, I will loosen it and just point it down more. Will be painted black as well to hide it a little more. If carbon monoxide and exhaust fumes weren’t such a health hazard I’d probably just cut it up real high and dump it under the trunk

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing and hearing this. I hate that ********* thing hanging under there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk