2017 AC woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeoPaw

Reaction score
My wife’s 2017 Limited has no front AC - nothing comes on, not even the blower. The back AC unit still works? This happened a few months back and I replaced the compressor relay and the AC began working again. When I bought the last relay, they came as a pair so I tried putting the other new one in and nothing changes this time.
Any ideas out there? It seems impossible to get her expedition into a local shop within the next two weeks.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife’s 2017 Limited has no front AC - nothing comes on, not even the blower. The back AC unit still works? This happened a few months back and I replaced the compressor relay and the AC began working again. When I bought the last relay, they came as a pair so I tried putting the other new one in and nothing changes this time.
Any ideas out there? It seems impossible to get her expedition into a local shop within the next two weeks.

Have you had the safety recall done, which replaces the front HVAC blower motor assembly?

There is a wiring pigtail TSB for the connectors, unrelated to the safety recall: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163573-0001.pdf

This may be helpful; https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=42Ae37Zx90E

OP
OP
G

GeoPaw

Reaction score
Thank you all for your help with my AC blower motor! There is a large back order on the pigtail right now, but hopefully I’ll get to it before the super hot weather gets here!

OP
OP
G

GeoPaw

Reaction score
My local mechanic replaced the blower motor (wife couldn’t wait for Ford Service on 6/15). Worked great…for 2 days. Now it’s intermittent

Timo2824

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My local mechanic replaced the blower motor (wife couldn’t wait for Ford Service on 6/15). Worked great…for 2 days. Now it’s intermittent
Take it back to the shop you had replace it and tell them to do it right this time.

OP
OP
G

GeoPaw

Reaction score
Took it back & they found a bad regulator. Replaced it and the same situation occurred: good for 2 weeks, then intermittent, now not blowing at all. Goes back to mechanic on 7/5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE