2017 battery light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timtam

Reaction score
my 2017 expedition has had the check charging system warning/ battery light on. eventually turned into an overcharge. alternator was putting out 16.5 V intermittently and killing dash power. changed alternator and batery as it was old and dragging down to 9.3V on start.
over charge seems to be fixed as im sitting solid at 14.5v but battery light/warning still comes on.

do i need to plug in to relearn or is there a pat my belly rub my head trick? tried the flash highs 5 times/brakes 3 times. doesn not work for my expi

any links to troubleshooting the BMS system?

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
According to results of a Google search, a battery light that is "on" means the alternator is not charging the battery (among other things). With a reading of 14.5V, the alternator is charging the battery. First check would be to inspect the cables for tightness, and posts for corrosion.

OP
OP
T

Timtam

Reaction score
body grounds didnt look corroded. i cleaned all the battery and alt connections good on install.