2017 Drivers seat is so uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Interior' started by SCure, Jul 20, 2017.

1. SCure

SCure New Member

Help. Bought a brand new Expedition and cannot drive 30 minutes without the seat killing my back and leg. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution. Has this been a problem for others?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  2. Adieu

Adieu Full Access Members

Probably federal regulation headrest screwing with posture.... fixes include bending them or installing backwards

3. parrori1

parrori1 Member

I've had mine 3 weeks. Once I fiddled with the seat positions and the back support it feels pretty good.
    Im sure I'll get used to it.

4. J Ski

J Ski 3.5plati

Yeah mess with the seat controls or have your back checked out

5. malimal

malimal Active Member

Old thread...but agree...they short and uncomfortable..been trying for a couple months to find a good seating position.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. Trainmaster

Trainmaster Full Access Members

I had that problem with mine. It was making me sick to my stomach with a pain in my right side. Try putting the seat back up nearly straight, maybe 100 degrees, and raise the bottom so your hips are level with or higher than you knees. That immediately did the trick for me. I was at wits end, ready to sell the thing.

barrydu4 likes this.
  7. barrydu4

barrydu4 Full Access Members

I am a 100% disabled veteran and I drive a 2017 Ford Expedition Limited. With the multiple positions available I do not have any problems with my back and knees. I guess the seats do not fit all. Sorry to hear about your problems.

8. 1955moose

1955moose Full Access Members

Had the same problem with a 2008 Lincoln town car. It was so bad I had to visit my chiropractor every week. It was horrible for a new vehicle. Ironically I drove our 2001 town car that had a wonderful seat. Ford seems to cheat with quality as a model progresses. They try to make the seat thinner for cosmetics but ruin a great fitting seat. Personally the only way to fix your problem is see if dealer will install a different seat, maybe a premium model, or considering moving on to another vehicle.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

9. Adieu

Adieu Full Access Members

Seriously, see if it's the headrest for starters

10. jrc50

jrc50 Full Access Members

You are right, Ford does "decontent" as a vehicle gets older, My 2002 Silver/silver Crown Vic Sport had beautiful conforming leather seats. The following several I had till they stopped production had non conforming leather, almost like belting, that was uncomfortable. Seems like the do the best the first year of release then start taking out nickels and dimes, which is the reverse of what they ought to be doing to keep an existing design possible!
    As to the main topic, my 2017 Expedition Ltd. seats seem fine, leather perforated and conforms well, so far no problems for me.