2017 Drivers seat is so uncomfortable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
My 67 Econoline has more comfortable seats. The bolster digs into my ribs; must be made for a skinny guy.

And what's with Ford cloth? The 2000's have wonderful durable velour that lasted 250,000 miles. Today's cloth is thin and water stains it.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the overall seats are smaller in this suv, and that may be some of the comfort complaints. I like my 05 Suburban seats, you can drive 12 hours only stopping for fuel and feel great! I have yet to drive the Expedition any longer than 30 mins. So they seam okay to me, but the base is defiantly smaller than the Suburban. My wife however loves the smaller seats, oh coarse she's a foot shorter than I.

I wonder if the complainers from earlier in this thread have the lumbar adjusted or not? I didn't read anything about that. I like the lumbar pretty much maxed out, the wife not so much. But since the Expedition is manual, not electric like the old Suburban I don't think she's fiquer'd out how to change it yet, lol cause it's always the way I left it. Not like she used to change it in the Chevy.

Flounder

Reaction score
Hi, new here. I test drove an 2020 Expedition and really like it except for the seats and a few minor things. In the Limited the seat bottom of the driver seat is too short. Set the lumbar all the way back to help but I'm afraid a 5 hour drive is going to be uncomfortable. Anyone else feel the seat bottom should be longer? It's an hour drive to test drive it again and I just don't see getting past this.

Jeremygsu

Reaction score
Hi, new here. I test drove an 2020 Expedition and really like it except for the seats and a few minor things. In the Limited the seat bottom of the driver seat is too short. Set the lumbar all the way back to help but I'm afraid a 5 hour drive is going to be uncomfortable. Anyone else feel the seat bottom should be longer? It's an hour drive to test drive it again and I just don't see getting past this.

I have similar feelings with my '15 XLT. I came from a '16 Tundra SR5 and I think my cloth seats were more comfortable. The base of the Expedition seat feels very short. I did test drive it but didn't test drive it for hours on end. I find myself constantly adjusting my seat position and re-saving my "new" preferred setting. I try not to think about it otherwise sometimes I drive myself crazy constantly adjusting it as I drive on the highway.

I've got a bad lower back too and finding the position I like gets tough. It seems to just miss the area I want it on even with the lumbar.