2017 expy Park indicator not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galactimus

Reaction score
When I shift into park the P on the dash does not light up. When I open the door I get a continuous chime and I am also unable to remote start my vehicle. Is this a switch problem or something else in the shifter? Thanks in advance.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I shift into park the P on the dash does not light up. When I open the door I get a continuous chime and I am also unable to remote start my vehicle. Is this a switch problem or something else in the shifter? Thanks in advance.

Search for posts on this forum regarding this matter.

The shifter assembly, under the console, is defective and must be replaced. The chime is caused by the defect, telling the computer that the vehicle is not in park. That is also the reason the remote start will not work.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Was any of the information helpful in the replies?

OP
OP
G

Galactimus

Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed.

Did you do the work yourself? If so, what was the part cost and any tips?

I did. The shifter was $160 shipped. It was rediculously simple really. Once you get the console cover off I just took the 4 bolts off the shifter, picked it up and disconnected the wiring harness and then with a little effort popped the shifter cable off. Popping the cable off took the most effort of everything. Then it goes right back together in reverse. Just make sure the shifter cable snaps back on tightly. As soon as I plugged the shifter wiring harness in, the door chime stopped and my memory seats moved, so I knew it was working. Bolted it back down and put the console top back.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did. The shifter was $160 shipped. It was rediculously simple really. Once you get the console cover off I just took the 4 bolts off the shifter, picked it up and disconnected the wiring harness and then with a little effort popped the shifter cable off. Popping the cable off took the most effort of everything. Then it goes right back together in reverse. Just make sure the shifter cable snaps back on tightly. As soon as I plugged the shifter wiring harness in, the door chime stopped and my memory seats moved, so I knew it was working. Bolted it back down and put the console top back.

Could you post the part number of the shifter?

I plan to keep a record of it, in case mine fails.

Thank you.

OP
OP
G

Galactimus

Reaction score
Could you post the part number of the shifter?

I plan to keep a record of it, in case mine fails.

Thank you.

Sure. My Expy is a 2017 Platinum with black leather interior. This part number is good for that vehicle. On different color interior and models the part number will be different. My shifter has a towing/haul button as well as the up/down manual shift buttons. The handle has black leather on the sides and chrome down the middle.

Part No.: FL1Z-7210-BA
LEVER - GEAR SHIFT

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sure. My Expy is a 2017 Platinum with black leather interior. This part number is good for that vehicle. On different color interior and models the part number will be different. My shifter has a towing/haul button as well as the up/down manual shift buttons. The handle has black leather on the sides and chrome down the middle.

Part No.: FL1Z-7210-BA
LEVER - GEAR SHIFT

I have the dune interior.
Thank you.