2017 Ford Expedition Electrical Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 08 would kill battery over night. I recharged battery and battery died again. I listened and heard the radio trying to load a music CD. It would not stop, even with key off. I finally got all CDs out, the searches stopped. No more problems and I do not use the CD player. Seems a crazy radio connection somewhere or design. Not worth the money to fix since the radio setting seems to work OK. Ford computers seem delicate.

Reaction score
I had a similar issue on my 2016 Explorer. The Ford Dealer changed the battery and did what they referred to as a "battery reset" to reset all the items. You might want to research and see if you Expedition might need the same thing.

OP
OP
C

Charles M

Reaction score
Update. Spoke with Dealer today. They replaced the ACM and the issue persisted. Then they ordered and replaced the APIM this morning. They indicated that everything looks resolved now but will continue to test it throughout the day to see what happens. Should be able to pick it up later if it looks good and checks out.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update. Spoke with Dealer today. They replaced the ACM and the issue persisted. Then they ordered and replaced the APIM this morning. They indicated that everything looks resolved now but will continue to test it throughout the day to see what happens. Should be able to pick it up later if it looks good and checks out.
Might be an idea to ask them to upload the latest update while they have it.

OP
OP
C

Charles M

Reaction score
I didn't mention it. I will have to do it. Got the vehicle back today and everything appears to be working correctly. Sync is version 3.0 so it needs updating.

OP
OP
C

Charles M

Reaction score
Same issue is occurring again, barely 90 miles on it since back from the dealer. Wish I could find someone with the same issue that got it resolved.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you go to the ford site that I referenced in a previous post? If so did you download the updates? That may very well fix your problem.
I'm the first to admit that I know hardly anything about these computer issue's. But I know what finally fixed mine.

OP
OP
C

Charles M

Reaction score
I did and I downloaded it. But the sync screen won't stay on or come on, so three is no way for me to update it. I did look at it on Friday and it was reset back to the original software version. By the time I got home from work, Sync was not working and would not come again with gauges still flashing.

OP
OP
C

Charles M

Reaction score
Alright I have another update. Dealer went through everything and believe they have found the problem. It was corrosion where the center console radio unit for the backseat was. Wires were corroded and shorting out. So hopefully this will resolve it.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright I have another update. Dealer went through everything and believe they have found the problem. It was corrosion where the center console radio unit for the backseat was. Wires were corroded and shorting out. So hopefully this will resolve it.

Sounds like something was spilled (below the console cup holders) which caused the corrosion?