2017 Ford Expedition Electrical Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At least you didn't catch fire. I had a Chevy and the handbrake light wire was run under the driver's seat. It was held in place by a sheet metal clip spotwelded to the floor. The sharpe edge cut wire insulation. I parked, set the handbrake and went inside. Someone yelled the car was filling with smoke. I ran out and saw flaming insulation falling from under the dash. I reached in, bare handed, and pulled wires until the heat stopped. Simple can be dangerous sometimes.

J Bucket

Reaction score
Did you ever get resolution. My 2016 expedition is doing the same thing, except most everything else is working. Occasionally the backup camera will stop working but usually comes back. It plus out right now though.

LDS777

Reaction score
On my 2017 Expedition Limited EL the backup camera first shows a blue screen and then pop up box says unavailable when put into reverse. Another family member's 2017 is also doing the same. YouTube video stated poor water drainage design running down wire harness to connector and corroding it. Not sure if this is my problem but it is a start. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/ewz_OeFO_6M

caseyp

Reaction score
Hello all, seems to be lots of issues with this for lots of people. I need some help!! 2017 with 138000. Bought used with 40,000 from rental company.

First problem started about 2 years ago, CD player stopped working. Next issue was SYNC 1, stopped doing bluetooth then turning on at all. Next issue was radio speakers started squelching like there was some interference of some sort....then radio stops working completely. Back up camera has been off and on for about a year now too....but now is black screen. Latest fun game is now the AC/Heater controls dont work, and the system is blowing hot air off and on by itself and cannot be controlled by the buttons.

I am fearful to take it to dealer for the $$$$.

Any help would be so greatly apreciated!!