2017 XLT vs 2018 XLT

2017 vs 2018

• 2017 XLT

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 2018 XLT

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gtncpa

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@gtncpa where's the interior pics?
Ugh ... .you guys are brutal. I went from the dealership last night to my buddies to pick up a bunch of sound equipment for an event tonight. Once I unload the pics I will post up pics ... and maybe a video. ;)

OP
OP
gtncpa

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMG_4767_zpsnh1qcwv4.jpg
It is the almost the same dash as my Titanium Fusion. I like it!
IMG_4768_zpsvzm5y3el.jpg
Folding mirrors? I did not know.
IMG_4771_zpsdcglmemw.jpg
2nd row captain seats. It is a must!
IMG_4772_zps4m3gyyhz.jpgIMG_4772_zps4m3gyyhz.jpg
3rd row like a pro.
IMG_4766_zpspgxrlfwe.jpg
Off to the races ... after I take out the car seats. My wife was taking care of her friends kids .... man ... I need Weathertech!

Last edited:

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It also looks like you forgot to utilize the top tether on the Cosco Finale for the younger kiddo. This seat requires it to be used at all times in harnessed mode. It is the top strap that comes off the top/back of the car seat, routes over the seat back, and attaches to a small metal bar at the bottom of the seat back. This generation Expedition (and a few other specific years/models of Fords) require you to twist the tether anchor 180 degrees to attach it to the anchor so that the hook’s opening is facing downward. You may have to raise the 3rd row to make accessing the tether anchor easier.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed your booster seat is missing its screws. You can call Graco and they will send them to you for free. They are needed for the structural integrity of the seat. They come in a tiny plastic bag when you buy the seat and are super easy to overlook.
https://csftl.org/graco-turbobooster-do-you-have-screws-in-the-armrests/

It also looks like you forgot to utilize the top tether on the Cosco Finale for the younger kiddo. This seat requires it to be used at all times in harnessed mode. It is the top strap that comes off the top/back of the car seat, routes over the seat back, and attaches to a small metal bar at the bottom of the seat back. This generation Expedition (and a few other specific years/models of Fords) require you to twist the tether anchor 180 degrees to attach it to the anchor so that the hook’s opening is facing downward. You may have to raise the 3rd row to make accessing the tether anchor easier.

You don’t miss much lol

OP
OP
gtncpa

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aporthole did miss the wheel alignment issue on the stroller. Damn thing pulls to the right at highway speeds!

Any Weathertech users on this board. I am interested in getting a complete set.

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You don’t miss much lol

LOL, I’m a Child Passenger Safety Technician (aka car seat tech). Car seats and boosters are my jam.

Skipping the top tether on forward-facing seats and missing screws on TurboBoosters are super common errors.

If you ever have questions on car seats, boosters, or anything else related to child passenger safety, give me a holler.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aporthole did miss the wheel alignment issue on the stroller. Damn thing pulls to the right at highway speeds!

Any Weathertech users on this board. I am interested in getting a complete set.
I have the Ford rubber liners for the first two rows and the Weathertech for the 3rd row and the cargo area. The only thing wrong with the cargo area liner is that it slides around unless you paint the back of it with the one of those spray on rubber compounds...

OP
OP
gtncpa

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thx. I will check Weathertech's website. It seemed confusing last I looked.