2018 Brake Pad Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zoey2015

Reaction score
Had two OEM pads replaced on the rear at 36K miles with a dealer coupon for about $110 total

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is almost unbelievable. Is this the same one or two people driving all vehicles??
yes, we live in the Appalachian Mountains at 4,000' elevation There is no straight or level roads, period. When I was thinking of moving here 15 years ago, I asked a gentleman I was working with if he had any tips or info I should consider before taking the plunge. He replied, get ready to buy tires and brakes once a year!!! I thought it was funny that was his reply. 15 years later....... I know why he said it. LOL

RustyOval

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Brake pads and rotors are so easy and inexpensive to change there is no way I would pay someone to do it for me. I went through only two sets after the originals on my '09 when I traded it with 170,000 miles on it.

Plati

Reaction score
Brake pads and rotors are so easy and inexpensive to change there is no way I would pay someone to do it for me. I went through only two sets after the originals on my '09 when I traded it with 170,000 miles on it.
My sister used to churn her own butter. That got old after a few years!

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The work is a little more involved with the electric parking brake. Still not as much as drum brakes, especially on a E30 BMW.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@edizzle

I grew up in Asheville and worked in Lake Lure and know a few people up there in Cashiers. I know exactly what you mean about wear too. 74a was 130 turns in 8 miles up and over a mountain with not a single car passed (on the way to work at least). I always went with sporty tires and pads so I thought 15-20k was normal wear. When I moved to Nola and got my truck I couldn't believe it when I got 50k on wheels and tires then 65k on brakes.

Have you done any suspension mods? I would buy the fattest sway bars I could get my hands on and some stiffer shocks if I were you. Will help confidence and might allow less brake usage in the twisties.