2018 Center Console Bezel Peeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwhite8889

Reaction score
I had this issue on my 2018 Ford Expedition. I ended up using Vallejo acrylic black paint and brushed it on. I lightly sanded it before applying but honestly didn’t spent a ton of time. Painted right over some of the existing chrome because I didn’t want to be there all day.

Not perfect but looks better in my opinion. I also put Vallejo Matt varnish over it for added protection. Vallejo products are sold at craft stores like Hobby Lobby. Before/after photos attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0513.jpeg
    IMG_0513.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0541.jpeg
    IMG_0541.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 57

seventieslord

Reaction score
Mine was peeling too z but I knew it would be good as long as I didn't touch it. Then I had the neighbor's 8 year old pump my brakes for 5 bucks while I bled them. After he left.... a huge chunk was sitting there torn off. Guess he couldn't resist peeling it.

Glad I found this thread. I've been wondering what to do about it. Maybe I can find shiny chrome stickers and just cut one to size and stick it down right over top of the missing part.

jgriffith7090

Reaction score
Wait till you put a drink in the cup holder and the bottom falls out. I just had to take it apart and put screws in it. The top of the console pops off easy. I might try the paint idea.