2018 Expedition LTD "Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack RJ

Reaction score
I purchased a nicely optioned 2018 LTD Expedition about three weeks ago. I have also owned a 2003 Expedition, which I owned for more than a decade. I am impressed by the design and execution of many aspects of the new Expedition. But now one issue. The window sticker states that standard equipment includes a "Leather Wrapped Str Wheel w/ Cruise and Audio Control". However, to me the rim seems to be a very grainy soft plastic, and is clearly not like any other leather I have seen. I looked at another Expedition LTD through the window, and it appeared to be the same grainy plastic. Anybody else notice this?

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
18 Lmtd and mine is def not plastic, it's leather, is it real leather? just not sure, could be a faux leather.....I have noticed the thickness of the steering wheel is quite large, driving back on a recent trip the joints in my fingers actually hurt when we got home. Prob just my age, but the wheel is def larger in diameter than any vehicle I have ever drove.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its real leather, and good quality leather at that. Was it used when you purchased? Mi es was and still is one of the best feelin steering wheels ive felt.