2018 Expedition Platinum spare tire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrueBlue_09

Reaction score
Hi, Can I replace the spare wheel and tire with a 2018 22 inch oem wheel and tire? Will it fit in the same place that the 17 inch spare tire is? Has anyone attempted to do this?

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ye
Hi, Can I replace the spare wheel and tire with a 2018 22 inch oem wheel and tire? Will it fit in the same place that the 17 inch spare tire is? Has anyone attempted to do this?
Yes the stock 22 that comes on the Platinum will fit in the spare location. I’ve done it.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ye

Yes the stock 22 that comes on the Platinum will fit in the spare location. I’ve done it.
I wondered this and the biggest question I had was if the metal holder that holds the spare in place would fit through the hole in stock wheels.

I use the spare tire a lot...but haven't tried to put the stock tire up in the spare location.

OP
OP
T

TrueBlue_09

Reaction score
Just to update this thread, I finally got my 22 wheel powder-coated and mounted and it does fit in the spare tire place without any issues. I attached pictures incase this helps anyone else.
IMG_5814.jpgIMG_5813.jpg

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whats the benefit to this? Is it just cosmetic? I'm just glad I have a full size spare if I ever need it....

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The tire height is the same, so you can run the spare long distance......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImWearingPants