2018 Expedition Reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-lincoln-navigator-navigator-l-in-depth-review

Heres a car and driver review and a comparison test for the navigator. Im startin to notice the biggest critique of the nav is its ride. About 75% reviews of the navigator say the ride is good not exemplary. Also starting to notice that the escalade is given more favor in drivability compared to the nav as well. Odd because its in stark contrast with the expy, which has almost always been given favor in terms of drivability compared to direct competitors(tahoe/suburban specifically)...on its base suspension at that. I remember reading old nav reviews in magazines and comparos. The 03 was considered too brittle, the 07 too jittery, and 15 too choppy and harsh. It seems every gen, the nav gets dinged for ride quality.I wonder why that is? I do feel at times that ford didnt put as much money and time on the suspension(esp base) as they should, but only in terms of the high std set by the previous expy and ford other vehicles. I have stated before though my expy rides better than most cars ive driven, including escalade, and the ccd models ride the best, including armada and 750li. in the past, all new expys were released with unfinished tuning(97, 03, 07, 18) then the following year or so they ride more favorably(99, 04, 09, 15). Just an observation. Im takin rose on her first road trip in 12 days so ill be writing a very thorough 6mnth review after that.

Last edited:

Mothnuts

Reaction score
5D1294AF-2DD1-4DE8-9E34-4D63C95793E7.jpeg F6EB1D15-A7B1-4E6D-8846-3A2C42420AC2.jpeg Doing my own comparison tonight comparing our ‘17 Tahoe Premier to an ‘18 Expedition Platinum my dealer gave me for a loaner while my pickup is getting a few things done. Been an interesting evening comparing the two.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe exterior is better looking hands down, but the expy gets the interior fit and finish for sure.