2018 Expedition Reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford definetly took design cues from the GM units, the side profile looks like the same car. Front and rear couldn’t be more different. On top of that they do look the same shape wise but the Chevy does a better job with it, just as the GMC looks better than the Chevy. Anyway, think you’ve got me mixed up with someone else.

Last edited:

Mothnuts

Reaction score
KSU? Boo, Rock Chalk! Buy the expedition, trust me. I'm coming from a Hoe as well.

View attachment 25495

Yeah, the Expedition really impressed me. I love the exterior look of the Tahoe’s and Yukon’s, but I like the exterior of the Expedition as well. The interior of the Expedition blows the others away. We’ll get a White Platinum like yours in the pic if we do it. Go Cats!

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Tahoe exterior is better looking hands down, but the expy gets the interior fit and finish for sure.
agree to disagree here. expy hands down better looking than tahoe. now denali, (not yukon) and caddy is were it starts to get interesting, but the expy beats the absolute plain jane tahoe all day long

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ya
The company I am semiretired from uses Escalades for company vehicles
We just purchased a 2018 EXPY with the HD tow package & FX4 along with a bunch of other options for our personal vehicle
Our EXPY would blow the Escalades away in a drag race & as far as I am concerned the seats in our EXPY our infinitely more comfortable
Can't wait to get the LMS software as soon as it is available
Easy to tune for 500hp at the crank with 91 octane fuel
WooHoo:33:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get your drift edizzle as everyone has their own taste on looks. As far as drag racing full size trucks....... not very important. Although no stock expy is beating the caddy or Denali at sea level..... that can change once you tune it though. The navigator beats all in a race..... but again..... not very important. IMO the navigator is better simply because...... well watch the video the interior is unmatched.

Last edited:

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get your drift edizzle as everyone has their own taste on looks. As far as drag racing full size trucks....... not very important. Although no stock expy is beating the caddy or Denali at sea level..... that can change once you tune it though. The navigator beats all in a race..... but again..... not very important. IMO the navigator is better simply because...... well watch the video the interior is unmatched.
motor trend has the 0-60 of the caddy and the expedition at 5.9 seconds. not sure what ratios the caddy and denali use but unless the denali is taller, which i do not think it is, it would be the same, if shorter, it would be slower.

what i couldnt find is if the tested expy had HD Tow. if it didnt, an expy with hd tow would definitely beat them both 0-60

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There ya go
Can't wait to get those calibrations from LMS or any other reputable calibration house
Have used their software in my last 4 vehicles & love it
Keep looking but nothing available yet
Basically the same engine that is used in the F150, NAVI & RAPTOR
Us old fart drag racers never give up
Must get all the power it is capable of
So hopefully available soon
WOOHoo:):)
From LMS website for 2018 F150
ex_q90_w680_h_LPP631149-Dyno.jpg
That would equate to about 550 crankshaft HP
No upgrades on intake, exhaust, turbo's etc
Just software recalibration
Can't wait for them to release it for the EXPY

Last edited:

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JD Power Awards for Initial Quality are out. (Yes, I know everyone has opinions on what those are worth.)

Ford ranked 5th behind Genesis, Kia, Hyundai, and Porsche. The 2018 Expedition won the large SUV segment. Ford as a parent company received the most model-level awards with the Mustang, Super Duty, and the Lincoln Conti and MKC joining the Expedition.

http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2018-us-initial-quality-study-iqs

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, the Expedition really impressed me. I love the exterior look of the Tahoe’s and Yukon’s, but I like the exterior of the Expedition as well. The interior of the Expedition blows the others away. We’ll get a White Platinum like yours in the pic if we do it. Go Cats!

If you want a white one and are in KC, you can take the one I ordered back in Feb. I ended up buying a different one because I couldn't wait any longer. Olathe Ford.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK