2018 Expedition vs. 2017 Navigator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cobalt_boater

cobalt_boater

Reaction score
I am looking at flights to go pick up that white one. Can anyone tell me if the Cam Phaser Update was performed based on this Carfax?

Untitled2.png

2019 Plat Exp

Reaction score
I am looking at flights to go pick up that white one. Can anyone tell me if the Cam Phaser Update was performed based on this Carfax?

View attachment 70640
To me that reads as it was issued by Ford not actually done since it says locate an authorized ford or lincoln dealer not performed by one. Also you might be better off looking for a 2021 leftover once 2022 refresh hits for that price as in about a year or so your going to be very upside down on that car when used car prices drop. I would just buy new and pay closer to MSRP or hold off for a little while longer.

OP
OP
cobalt_boater

cobalt_boater

Reaction score
To me that reads as it was issued by Ford not actually done since it says locate an authorized ford or lincoln dealer not performed by one. Also you might be better off looking for a 2021 leftover once 2022 refresh hits for that price as in about a year or so your going to be very upside down on that car when used car prices drop. I would just buy new and pay closer to MSRP or hold off for a little while longer.
Ok thanks. Is that a free recall completed by the dealer, or is there a cost to have it completed?

I won't be upside down since I will be paying cash, but I recognize at some point the market is gonna drop. I need the vehicle now so I can't really do anything about that...

2019 Plat Exp

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Is that a free recall completed by the dealer, or is there a cost to have it completed?

I won't be upside down since I will be paying cash, but I recognize at some point the market is gonna drop. I need the vehicle now so I can't really do anything about that...

Free as far as I know since its issues sort of as a recall but not really a recall you can probably call your local dealer and verify though.

You can try this link but it wont pull back for my 2019 so I doubt it will be active for yours. Just punch in the vin of the one your looking at after the vin= in the URL.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d grab it, yes the TSB is generally a free reprogram….that doesn’t always work. If the rattle continues they will usually replace phasers under warranty. Make sure you are covered and powertrain warranty still in effect. That’s the biggest key. I know for years it was 60k miles, and a 100k one could be purchased.

OP
OP
cobalt_boater

cobalt_boater

Reaction score
I’d grab it, yes the TSB is generally a free reprogram….that doesn’t always work. If the rattle continues they will usually replace phasers under warranty. Make sure you are covered and powertrain warranty still in effect. That’s the biggest key. I know for years it was 60k miles, and a 100k one could be purchased.
This one has 61k miles so just outside of Factory Powertrain Warranty. I supposed an Extended Warranty from Ford would be an option.

When a 4th Gen has the Trailer Control knob and the Brake Controller, then it ALWAYS has the HD Trailer Package right?

Untitled3.jpg

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can also check the Axle Code
Code Gear Ratio (L - limited slip, C - open differential)
15 3.31C
16 3.73C
17 (1997) 3.73C
17 (1998) 3.55C
17 (1999-2002) 3.31C
19 3.55C
H5 3.31L
H6 3.73L
H7 3.31L
H9 3.55L
d0b01154-d5b4-41d6-8e68-efe05689b3e9.png

Latest posts