2018 expedition went crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

zain77

Reaction score
Is the bad fuel still in it? Or did you drive it enough to get a few new tanks? Is the Check Engine Light on? If bad gas is still in it siphon it out and get good fuel in it. Take it slow and easy until the you know th ebad fuel is gone.
Almost all that bad gas has been gone. I believe it is totally consumed. I did refill it with a super gas, also I used a liqui Moly fuel system cleaner. No changes it keeps giving the same faults.

Mlarv

Reaction score
Almost all that bad gas has been gone. I believe it is totally consumed. I did refill it with a super gas, also I used a liqui Moly fuel system cleaner. No changes it keeps giving the same faults.

Is your Check engine light on? I would run it for two tanks of super before I started replacing anything. Then I would start at the Cats.

OP
OP
Z

zain77

Reaction score
Is your Check engine light on? I would run it for two tanks of super before I started replacing anything. Then I would start at the Cats.
Yes, engine light is on, I'm afraid, if i run it at all these faults a worst could be happen. So, what do you think?

Mlarv

Reaction score
Your call on driving it. I would take it easy for at least two tanks of super to see if it starts to clear up. I see you can read the errors, can you clear them also? If so I would clear all DTC's and see which ones come back.

OP
OP
Z

zain77

Reaction score
Your call on driving it. I would take it easy for at least two tanks of super to see if it starts to clear up. I see you can read the errors, can you clear them also? If so I would clear all DTC's and see which ones come back.
Thank you man for the advice. Yes, I can delete faults, and that is what I did one time but that was right away after all these come up. Unfortunately, they come back again all to gather. I may go with easy driving to see what happens!! My big concern is about the cam phaser, would the driving become harmful to the engine while that fault exists??

Mlarv

Reaction score
Thank you man for the advice. Yes, I can delete faults, and that is what I did one time but that was right away after all these come up. Unfortunately, they come back again all to gather. I may go with easy driving to see what happens!! My big concern is about the cam phaser, would the driving become harmful to the engine while that fault exists??
I am not sure about the cam phaser faults causing issues if you keep driving. If the engine knocks (rattles) I would worry about it more.

OP
OP
Z

zain77

Reaction score
I am not sure about the cam phaser faults causing issues if you keep driving. If the engine knocks (rattles) I would worry about it more.
I will double check the converters and see what's going on.