2018 expedition wheel bearing noise/blinker issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks to these forums I was able to figure out my hum in the driver front wheel, bad bearing. I have a 2018 limited max 4x4 with 51k miles. No issues with the dealership fixing it under the factory power train warranty. The technician even heard a noise coming from the passenger side after fixing the driver side and replaced that bearing as well. 1.5 day turnaround and even gave us a rental for free. Thanks for posting your issue, it helped me out.
Awesome, glad it worked out and thanks for the feedback for all of us.

RickExpy

Reaction score
I've got a 18 Limited with 55k and I've got a hum or ticking sound coming from the front only on right turns going >40mph. After reading this post, I assume it's a wheel bearing? Thanks for the info, it's headed to the shop next week.

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm finally getting ours in tomorrow. I'm almost certain it's a wheel bearing. Humming (sounds kinda like tire noise) has gotten worse the last month or two. Goes away when you turn right. Seems like front left bearing to me, will update tomorrow when I hear back from dealer.

Reaction score
For the blinker issue. I would assume 2018 vehicles to be LED lights. that means they are direct current circuits only. Older style lights can backflow current through the system but LED's cannot, as they usually contain a voltage limiting, blocking diode (zener). This is to prevent spike damage to the LED lighting modules when you let go of the power window switch for instance...
Check your ground circuit for the dash lights and the module. You will probably need a wiring diagram to understand where they terminate. I would have someone outside the vehicle confirm that when the lights hyper blink inside they are not doing the same outside as well.

If the grounds are good, check the fuse for that circuit and verify its in good working order and properly seated.

If all that passes and the lights still hyper blink (randomly), I would suspect a defective blinder module.

fidget247

Reaction score
I'm finally getting ours in tomorrow. I'm almost certain it's a wheel bearing. Humming (sounds kinda like tire noise) has gotten worse the last month or two. Goes away when you turn right. Seems like front left bearing to me, will update tomorrow when I hear back from dealer.
@29twonine was it a bearing gone bad? Mine is doing the same thing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni