2018 Expedition XLT MAX throwing a lot of crazy codes and will not shut off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhmiller23

Reaction score
I have a wrench showing, also getting a lot of crazy codes. Hill assist failure, restraints failure, traction control failure ac/heater will not come on, and to top it all off it will not shut off with push button. When you push the start/stop button after car is running everything shuts down on the instrument cluster but the motor stays running. The only way I can shut it down is get the car to sense the key fob has left the vehicle and/or open the driver door, take my foot off brake hit the button and most of the time it will shut down. Also I have to unhook my battery because something is draining the battery.
I stopped at my local Ford garage and they have never seen that or have no idea where to start. Dealership contacted Ford engineers and they have never heard of it either. They suggested check the battery and try both key fobs. I have gotten the battery tested at ford, checked fuses under the hood. Ford can't get me in for a month and I have a family of 6 with a trip in 2 weeks planned. Has anyone ever heard of this?