2018 Expy won't start, brake pedal tight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

seventieslord

Reaction score
I'm still interested in why it read 8.6V. And yes, it could also be a battery. Mine was dead in less than 2 years and all sorts of weird stuff happens on these when the batteries die. Conceivably, a low battery voltage could cause starter issues too, it is an electric motor and motors don't run efficiently if they don't receive the voltage they need. Is the battery reading appropriate voltage now and did the shop do a battery stress test at all

The battery is less than a year old, and had never shown signs of weakening. I think the only reason it was showing 8.6 volts later that evening was because of how many times we had tried to start the car between the morning and evening. It's now back up to full power and the garage verified that it was working as required after replacing the starter.

bigwilly

Reaction score
I just had the same thing happen on my 17 F150. Replaced starter, problem gone. I bought the truck new and has almost 60k. It was the original starter and still is original battery. I do turn off the auto-start pretty much as soon as I get in the truck.