2018 Ford Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm glad Ford decided to invest in the retooling because I think with the new 3.5 engine & matched transmission, Ford is going to find a lot more sales.

I owned two older expy's and both powertrains had their "issues" as did the trucks. We all know about the head-gasket, rust, spark plugs(both access & breakage on some years), water leakage & electrical issues.

Word got out and people got wise. I think that is what has caused Fords Expy sales to plummet in comparison to the competition. Yes, the competition has their share of issues but only very rarely are the engine/tran related. They seem to be more suspension/wheel issues...a lot cheaper than a head gaskets or plug extractions(that engineer should be shot).

My opinion is that most of us that buy used Expy's are the guys that know how to work on their own cars/trucks/motorcycles and we aren't afraid of dealing with some things.

When they run right, we'd probably all agree that they are great trucks. Strong, powerful and absolute beasts in the deep snow...and not bad looking in their own right.

I have to admit that upon seeing the large moon roof, my first thought was "gee, if they can't keep the small one watertight over the test of time, how will they manage that with the big panel".

That aside, I'm sure that you guys who but one of the '18's when they become available will enjoy them as much as anyone who buys a new car or truck does! Hopefully, in ten years, they will be running as well as they do new!

jeff

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and they put a spoiler thingy on the back window....
electronic locking rear end is very nice, liked it in my f150,
just saying

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
going off the f150, the base price increase will be slight, but the option pkgs will sky rocket the price

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They did add a lot of tech not available now....I like the idea of emergency braking should something happen to the driver but are any of us that dumb not to realize that we aren't in our own lane? That must be for those still death-texting while driving I guess??

So instead of disabling the text feature on the phone, they lower the bar to help the texter? Just my opinion.....but I like to be able to spot the texter in traffic....it's always obvious...the big spaces they leave in front of them, the drifting all over the place...should be easy pickins for LEO's. All they have to do is pull them over and ask to see their phone...if not, leave them with a warning and if so, write 'em up!

jeff

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
They turned The Expedition into a sissy SUV. I liked that the 1st Gen Expedition, was more like a truck. Now, it is a grocery getter, for women. It sits way too low. The running boards, look like they are wrong size. They hang way too low. I hate the knob gear shift. The front end is boring and should look more like the F150, not the Explorer. The bottom air dam, looks as low as car. How will that do in deep snow? It looks like the ugly, Tahoe, from the side. No diesel or V8? I do not want to pay for Wifi or Sync. I have been nursing my old model, waiting for this re-design. Man... what a disappointment!